I've really been on a crock pot cooking kick lately and spent quite a bit of time online looking for yummy crock pot recipes I should try and stumbled upon this one. Chicken Parmesan is a favorite in our household so you can imagine my relief when I saw that I could just throw it all into the crock pot and it would be ready when I got home.
What You Need:
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 t Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 beaten egg
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- favorite jarred marinara sauce
- Spread the oil on the bottom of the crock pot
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs
- In a different bowl, whip the egg with a fork
- Dip the chicken into the whipped egg, then dip it in the breadcrumb mix, making sure to cover the entire chicken breast
- Place the breaded chicken breasts in the crock pot
- Cover each breast with 2-3 slices of cheese. If you do not have slices, shredded mozzarella cheese will do the trick
- Pour the entire jar of marinara sauce on top of the chicken breasts
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4
- Once the chicken is ready, serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy!
This recipe, while delicious was not my favorite. I found that if cooked too long, the sauce had an overall burned taste which made the chicken less enjoyable to eat. If I had to choose between this or the Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan, I would choose the Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan, but that does not mean I will not be making it again because it is simple and tasty.
Original Recipe found: Here