When I saw this pattern on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it for my friend, Danielle, for Christmas. I am pretty excited about it because I have never knitted something so intricate in my life and I was able to do so without too much difficulty.
Sorry for the bad picture, I was was up late working on this project!
What You Need:
- Size 10 (6mm) circular needle. I used 36" and it seemed to work
- 650 yards DK (3) yarn. I used Vanna's Choice Sequins in Sterling
- Needle to weave in ends
- Marker if you decide to knit full pattern at once
What to Do:
Cast on 128 stitches (256 if you are knitting in the round).
Begin Stitch Pattern:
Row 1: *k1, p1, k3, p2* repeat until only 2 stitches remain, k1, p1
Row 2: *k1,p1,k1, yo, k1, sl1, p2, psso the p2* until only 2 stitches remain, k1, p1
Row 3: *k1,p1, k2, p3* repeat until only 2 stitches remain, k1, p1
Row 4: *k1,p1, sl1, k2, psso the k2, p1, yo, p1* repeat until only 2 stitches remain, k1, p1
Repeat rows until the scarf is 14 inches long or desired width. Cast off stitches and weave any loose ends into the scarf. And you're done!
- I did the 2 pieces and bound them together. I honestly think it would be better to do all 256 stitches and continue in the round
- It's a time consuming project, but you will be glad you made it (for yourself or someone else)
- Make sure to track what row you're on! It's easy to forget if you're on 1 or 3!
If you would like to see the original pattern, you may find it: here