Hey All! This week has been ABSOLUTELY busy, but good.
Tuesday night we had my cousin and her husband over for dinner and we had Santa Fe Crock Pot Chicken and it was delicious and super easy to make!
What You Need:
- 24 oz (1.5 lbs) chicken breasts
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
How to Make this Recipe:
- Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt in crock pot. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and place on top of mixture.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or for 6 hours on high. 30 minutes before serving, take chicken out of crock pot and shred. Return to chicken to crock pot and stir in.
- Serve with rice or on wheat tortilla and enjoy!
I was nervous to about the spiciness, so I removed the cayenne pepper and fresh cilantro (but included them in the recipe in case you like spice). This recipe turned out excellent and it is packed with protein! I cannot wait to make this recipe again and try mixing other items into it!
Original Recipe Found Here