Monday, May 20, 2013

Medical Update + Birthday Weekend Part 1

Okay, looks like I need to get the yucky stuff out of the way first.  I got the results from my HIDA scan and it appears that my gallbladder only functions at 6% which is way too low to even consider trying to change my diet and kick start my gallbladder again.  So it looks like surgery is going to be in the books for me in the somewhat near future.  As I go through this process, I will make sure to continue giving you updates.

Now onto the good stuff! This year for my birthday, I wanted to do something super fun and super exciting so I chose The Color Run! I sent out a note to all of my friends to see if anyone was interested in doing the race with me and we made a plan from there.  I had two takers for the race and it was SO much fun!

On Friday night, a group of us headed down to Ypsilanti, MI for the night.  Instead of getting our butts up super early, I figured it would be better to get a hotel room for the night, so that's what we did! We headed out to dinner at Hayden's Bar and Grill .   If you're ever down in the Canton area, I would definitely recommend going to this restaurant! It was delicious and their fried pickles were to die for.

Delicious Fried Pickles!

Sarah and Reggie being silly.

Nick and I!

 The group for the weekend!  

After dinner, we decided to go check into the hotel and try to hit the hot tub before going to bed.  Unfortunately, the hot tub/pool are was filled with tons of kids and by the time they would be heading to bed, the pool would be closed for the evening.  So Sarah, Danielle and I headed out to this awesome hot tub place where you go in and you rent a "hot tub room" for the hour.  It was awesome being able to relax at the hot tub for a bit before heading to bed for the night.


This was just the beginning of a fun birthday weekend! I will post the second half of the birthday fun later.

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite thing to do for your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!