Happy National Cat Day and hump day friends! I hope your day is going swimmingly so far and you have something fun planned for the day!
In case you did not know, today is national cat day! Obviously, Justin and I have two kitties that we love very much and if we could we would get more pets, but where we live does not allow more than two animals (and for some reason three cats seems a bit excessive haha).
I wanted to share some fun ways you can participate in National Cat Day today - all of these ideas were found on the National Cat Day website - so make sure to check their site out!
1. Adopt a cat from your local shelter or rescue. Here are some good websites to check out for adoptions in your area: Adopt a Pet, Pet Finder, & Humane Society. If those do not cater to what you are looking for, make sure to check out your local Animal Rescue Leagues.
2. Donate blankets, food and toys to your local animal welfare organizations
3. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to play with some cats available for adoption, clean cages and litter boxes or anything else they need help with.
4. Bake some cat shaped cookies for your kids, friends or office and bake some tuna cookies for your cat.
5. Spend the day taking photos of your cat and posting them on social media to raise awareness
6. Buy your cat a fun new toy....condo, bed or treats!
7. Buy your cat a collar and tag with your name and number, just in case they get outside and happen to become lost.
8. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by cleaning their cat’s litter box and playing with their cat.
9. Give your cat a calming massage.
10. Have a National Cat Day party and invite all your friends and their cats!
|Photo found on Pinterest|
Happy National Cat Day friends! I'd love to see a picture of your furry friend so make sure to share them on my Facebook Page or via Twitter!