Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Few Fun Gadgets

The The following is a sponsored post, which means I am compensated in some form for writing it. 

Happy Wednesday Friends! I hope you have had a chance to check out my ornament tutorial I posted earlier today! It was so fun making the ornaments for Christine and I look forward to mailing those to her later this week!

Today I wanted to share a few fun gadgets I took with my on my trip to Uruguay.  
Ultra-Thin Dual USB Portable Power Bank External Battery Backup Charger


I have been on the hunt for a portable back up charger for a while so when I came across this one, I was very excited.  I knew on this trip I would like not have access to power at all times, and I was correct.  On more than one occasion, I needed to use this to charge my phone - especially when we were aimlessly driving in the middle of nowhere, Uruguay {there's a story to that which will be told in a later post}.  

This device uses a mini USB charging cable to charge itself which was perfect because I could also use the cord to charge my camera.  There is not an advertised amount of "charging time" for this device so I cannot speak to how long it is supposed to be able to charge items, but I can say that I charged the power bank before I left on the trip and successfully charged my iPhone 5s two times without ever needing to charge the device again.

As far as durability, this device held up pretty well during all of the chaos of travelling to Uruguay AND Argentina and did not suffer any damage or discontinue working.  I believe this handy little thing is perfect for anyone who is constantly on the go - and at $10.99, you really cannot beat the price.

For more information and other reviews, check out Amazon here. 


Selfie Sticks are admittedly a bit lame in my book, but let me tell you I was happy I had this little thing with me on the trip.  Plus, with being portable, it was easy to fold the tiny thing up and throw it in my purse or pocket {see the below picture for size reference}.



This particular selfie stick has blue tooth capability so you charge the little thing up {hey look another device that uses a mini USB charger} so that it is ready to go.  When you need to set up the device, all you have to do is turn on the blue tooth on your phone and sync the Selfie Stick.  Once you are all synced up, you are ready to go! 


Honestly, the hardest part of using the Selfie Stick for me was figuring out the angle at which to hold the darn thing.  There is more than one picture that turned out looking odd because of the angle - but after a while, I think I finally got it down. 






It really was great having this little thing on the trip to use and get more of the background in - particularly where there was a ton of things to see behind us.  I am so glad I had the Selfie Stick with me and would not trade it for the world.

I should also note that I only charged the device one before I left on the trip and did not have to charge it again.  It would appear the battery is rather long lasting.

To check out the Selfie Stick and read more reviews, check out Amazon.  
   
I'd love to hear from you!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received these products free or at little cost from Tomoson and Giveaway Services. I was not required to write a positive review. 
Reference ID code pm65171b8a57f14db78135807c891d21e8
The opinions I have expressed are my own. Read my full disclosure policy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!